When we started using Internet, ICQ was one of the best reasons we get a computer and the Internet contract to go online and meet people. Of course, now MSN Messenger has dominated the market. However, some countries like India are still keen on using ICQ as their networking agent. Those were the good days when we ask each other for their 6/7/8 digits ICQ screen name or number to add each other. Today, ICQ has found a way to return in App Store. Like other messaging apps such as whatsapp and LINE, ICQ provides a platform for people to chat online.
Here are some reviews and the reviews express some disappointment about this ICQ app. No doubt ICQ apps has long way to go if they want to beat the giants WhatsApp and LINE.
Like the other apps, you have to enter your cell phone number before getting an SMS from the server regarding your confirmation number
This really tests your memory about the ICQ number you had before. I myself have already forgotten because that was like 8 years ago. and I haven’t been using the ICQ for long long time since Skype and MSN emerged.
ICQ Mobile integrated with facebook and twitter, you can easily find and message with multiple friends. Hereby I provide 5 reasons why you want to play ICQ Mobile
1. it connects to your facebook and twitter account
2. it has something like whatsapp and line about the chat function
3. You can update your status and such status appears in multiple positions like facebook and twitter.
4. You can hide yourself from others by using the classical Invisible Mode and Busy Mode
5. and most importantly, find your old friends on ICQ, well, also their nicknames in the past
But actually many of us are not quite interested in the ICQ app since it is not trendy and mainstream enough compared to LINE and whatsapp.
Here I also provide 5 reasons why you may not like ICQ:
1. No Group Chat Function
2. Not enough variety in emoitcons
3. Alien language and wrong codes appear when using Chinese names
4. the user interface and the way how contacts are organized is so messed up.
5. and most importantly is about privacy those were the days when we are happy to disclose our birthday, gender.. etc on ICQ but now we usually don’t, not to mention we are going to redo this in a different age. Just look at your ICQ profile, those are really private information that you won’t want people to know nowadays.
I think this app is more for those who want to go back and dig the history of him/herself rather than really making use of the social messaging function. Secondly, the privacy is one of the concern. Lastly, well, users like me find the whole user interface very messy and it requires you to set up and certify everything (facebook, twitter) before actually using it. the setup is annoying enough that people won’t spend time doing a setup and learning new things again and again. If I were you, I will just stick to whatsapp or LINE.
Twitter | Facebook | Google + | RSS